Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Washington Wizards, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Dallas Mavericks 94-78 three quarters in.
Washington has been led by power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who so far has 22 points in addition to seven boards. Point guard Luka Doncic has done his best for Dallas, currently boasting 32 points (41% of their total) and four dimes along with seven rebounds. Doncic’s afternoon has made it four games in a row with at least 32 points.
the Mavericks have lost 77% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Dallas @ Washington
Current Records: Dallas 48-29; Washington 33-43
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks are on the road again Friday and play against the Washington Wizards at 7 p.m. ET April 1 at Capital One Arena. Both teams have set a high bar for this game after stand-out offensive performances in their previous games.
Dallas was able to grind out a solid win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, winning 120-112. It was another big night for the Mavericks’ point guard Luka Doncic, who almost dropped a triple-double on 35 points, 13 assists, and nine rebounds. The game made it Doncic’s third in a row with at least 32 points.
Meanwhile, Washington didn’t have too much trouble with the Orlando Magic at home on Wednesday as they won 127-110. Washington’s power forward Kristaps Porzingis did his thing and had 35 points along with eight boards.
Dallas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Dallas up to 48-29 and the Wizards to 33-43. The Mavericks are 28-19 after wins this season, Washington 12-20.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports Southwest Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.52
The Mavericks are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as an 8.5-point favorite.
Dallas have won nine out of their last 13 games against Washington.
- Nov 27, 2021 – Washington 120 vs. Dallas 114
- May 01, 2021 – Dallas 125 vs. Washington 124
- Apr 03, 2021 – Dallas 109 vs. Washington 87
- Feb 07, 2020 – Washington 119 vs. Dallas 118
- Oct 23, 2019 – Dallas 108 vs. Washington 100
- Mar 06, 2019 – Washington 132 vs. Dallas 123
- Nov 06, 2018 – Dallas 119 vs. Washington 100
- Jan 22, 2018 – Dallas 98 vs. Washington 75
- Nov 07, 2017 – Dallas 113 vs. Washington 99
- Mar 15, 2017 – Dallas 112 vs. Washington 107
- Jan 03, 2017 – Dallas 113 vs. Washington 105
- Dec 12, 2015 – Washington 114 vs. Dallas 111
- Dec 06, 2015 – Dallas 116 vs. Washington 104
Injury Report for Washington
- Kyle Kuzma: Out (Knee)
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Out (Hip)
- Bradley Beal: Out for the Season (Wrist)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Sterling Brown: Out (Covid-19)
- Theo Pinson: Out (Finger)
- Trey Burke: Out (Covid-19)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Foot)