Through 2 Quarters
Although the Utah Jazz were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. At halftime neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Utah leads 59-58 over the Dallas Mavericks.
The Jazz haven’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to ten points or fewer. Another thing to keep an eye out for is Rudy Gay’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Dallas has enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Luka Doncic and shooting guard Reggie Bullock. The former has 21 points along with eight rebounds, while the latter has 14 points in addition to two boards. A double-double would be Doncic’s third in a row.
Utah @ Dallas
Current Records: Utah 45-29; Dallas 45-29
What to Know
The Utah Jazz are on the road again Sunday and play against the Dallas Mavericks at 7:30 p.m. ET March 27 at American Airlines Center. Utah will be seeking to avenge the 111-103 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played March 7th.
The Jazz were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Friday as they fell 107-101 to the Charlotte Hornets. The top scorer for Utah was shooting guard Donovan Mitchell (26 points).
Meanwhile, Dallas suffered a grim 116-95 defeat to the Minnesota Timberwolves this past Friday. Dallas was down 89-67 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. One thing holding Dallas back was the mediocre play of small forward Dorian Finney-Smith, who did not have his best game: he played for 32 minutes but put up just seven points on 3-for-11 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Jazz are expected to win a tight contest. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past three games.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a loss, both will be hungry for the win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $44.50
The Jazz are a slight 1-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Mavericks as a 2.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 16 out of their last 23 games against Dallas.
- Mar 07, 2022 – Dallas 111 vs. Utah 103
- Feb 25, 2022 – Utah 114 vs. Dallas 109
- Dec 25, 2021 – Utah 120 vs. Dallas 116
- Apr 05, 2021 – Dallas 111 vs. Utah 103
- Jan 29, 2021 – Utah 120 vs. Dallas 101
- Jan 27, 2021 – Utah 116 vs. Dallas 104
- Aug 10, 2020 – Dallas 122 vs. Utah 114
- Feb 10, 2020 – Utah 123 vs. Dallas 119
- Jan 25, 2020 – Utah 112 vs. Dallas 107
- Feb 23, 2019 – Utah 125 vs. Dallas 109
- Nov 14, 2018 – Dallas 118 vs. Utah 68
- Nov 07, 2018 – Utah 117 vs. Dallas 102
- Oct 28, 2018 – Utah 113 vs. Dallas 104
- Mar 22, 2018 – Utah 119 vs. Dallas 112
- Feb 24, 2018 – Utah 97 vs. Dallas 90
- Oct 30, 2017 – Utah 104 vs. Dallas 89
- Feb 09, 2017 – Dallas 112 vs. Utah 105
- Jan 20, 2017 – Utah 112 vs. Dallas 107
- Dec 16, 2016 – Utah 103 vs. Dallas 100
- Nov 02, 2016 – Utah 97 vs. Dallas 81
- Apr 11, 2016 – Dallas 101 vs. Utah 92
- Feb 09, 2016 – Utah 121 vs. Dallas 119
- Nov 20, 2015 – Dallas 102 vs. Utah 93
Injury Report for Dallas
- Theo Pinson: Out (Finger)
- Sterling Brown: Out (Covid-19)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Utah
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Foot)
- Bojan Bogdanovic: Out (Calf)
- Danuel House Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out for the Season (Ankle)